Thank you for your interest in Holistic HomeCare Associates.
We are always looking for high-quality caregivers, and if you fit that description, we would like to meet you.
We do set very high standards for caregivers who we are willing to present to our clients. This is because our clients are highly selective and count on us to present only the very best candidates. We do not assign caregivers to our clients. Rather, we go to great lengths to carefully screen and match only the best caregivers to suit their needs. The final hiring decision depends on the client choosing the right match from among candidates we present to them.
Completing an application or having an interview in our office doesn’t guarantee that a caregiver will be hired by one of our clients.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to possibly working with you.
Before you begin the application process, please review this list of caregiver requirements.
If you are unable to meet these requirements, please do not apply at this time.
- You must be legal to work and reside in the Unites States.
- You must have a minimum of 2 but ideally 3+ years of experience in home care.
- You must have a minimum of 2-3 written references of your work with past clients. These letters should be written by your former employer or one of their representatives. These letters will be verified.
- You must be able to provide accurate work history in addition to the written references. We require complete names, accurate dates of employment (month and year), and up-to-date phone and email information.
- You must be able to communicate well, including the ability to speak and understand English.
- You must be able to pass a nationwide background check. Criminal convictions will be cause for disqualification.
- Do you have any certifications, such as CNA, HHA or PCA? While they are NOT required to be considered for all clients, these certifications can be preferred by clients, and they are usually required when working for clients with long-term care insurance.
- Present and conduct yourself professionally.
- Be punctual and able to arrive on time for interviews and cases.
- Be able to take direction from clients, family members, or care managers.
- Be a good team player, able to work well with other caregivers on a case.
The Application Process involves THREE STEPS. All steps must be completed:
- Gather the required documents to bring with you to your interview
- Complete the online application form
- Call the office to schedule an in-person interview
STEP 1: Pre-Application Checklist:
Gather Documents and IDs to bring to your interview. Please bring the originals of all your documents, not copies, if possible:
- Bring proof of your Legal Status to work and reside in this country (US passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers; US permanent resident card; work authorization card)
- Bring one Government-issued Photo ID (drivers license, non-driver ID, passport, etc.)
- Bring your Social Security Card
- Bring a Minimum of 2–3 Written Work References from past clients (or their family members, care managers, close friends of the client, supervisors, etc., who have had first-hand knowledge of your work and who are impartial sources rather than friends or co-workers); minimum of six months working time each. Because it is often difficult for us to reach the references by phone, written references are requested over contact-only reference information.
Bear in mind that typical home care agencies or skilled facilities do NOT provide work references, only confirmation of employment, and are therefore not useful to us.
- Bring Documentation of Professional Training—if applicable—PCA / HHA / CNA, or any other type of certification or license you may have—CPR, first aid, nurse’s license, special Alzheimer’s training, etc. Certification is not a requirement for most cases, but it can be viewed as preferred by clients. For some clients with long-term care insurance policies, certification is usually required, however.
- Bring your Resumé, if you have one. It can help us get to know you better.
- Download, print, and complete the two PDF forms (SSA-89 and Background Check Authorization) found at the following links, and bring the completed printouts to your interview:
- (Optional) Bring a recent (within 12 months) Medical Exam, complete with PPD. A copy of an Employment Physical form can be found below. If you do not have a primary care physician, Mobile Health offers occupational health and employee screening for a reasonable fee. They have location in all boroughs of NYC and beyond:
STEP 2. The Application:
Complete the Online Application Form below
- Click on one of the web-based “Apply Online” Applications below. Complete and submit it directly online.The application form will give you confirmation when it has been successfully transmitted. If it does not, please review your answers for any missing data in required fields or for phone numbers wrongly formatted with spaces, hyphens, or parentheses. These errors will appear highlighted in red and will block your submission until corrected.
- Important Instructions: It is vital that you carefully complete this application, allowing adequate time (approximately 60 minutes) in one sitting, and that you review your application thoroughly before submitting.Incomplete or inaccurate applications cause false information that could limit your match for a suitable client. We are therefore forced to decline any applications that are incomplete or found to be inaccurate, even during the stage of in-person interviews, and to limit candidates to one submission. Thank you for your full cooperation in this attempt to better help you, the caregivers; to better serve our clients; and to improve the efficiency of our efforts.
STEP 3. The Interview:
Schedule the Interview
- WHEN: After you have followed all the above directions and have gathered everything required, please call our office (646-240-4888) stating that you are ready to make an appointment for an in-person interview. If you arrive without an appointment or not properly prepared (without all the necessary documents), this shows that you are unable to follow directions, and we would feel uncomfortable referring you to any of our clients.
- HOW: Interviews are by appointment only (646-240-4888).
- WHERE: We interview candidates at our operations office, which is located in the Riverdale area of the Bronx at:
3725 Henry Hudson Parkway, Suite 1-D, Bronx, NY 10463
Directions: Take the uptown #1 train to W 231st Street. Then transfer to the #7 or #10 bus (the bus stop for both is on 231st Street a few steps West of Broadway) to W 239th Street. Walk across the highway overpass and take the first left after the overpass onto Henry Hudson Parkway West, which parallels the highway; walk ½a block to #3725. Our door is to the left of the main entrance of the building, which is called “The Blackstone,” not to be confused with Blackstone Ave.
- Please be punctual and come alone to your appointment since our seating space is limited.
We would also like to take this opportunity to let you know how grateful we are for all high-caliber referrals you may send our way. However, it is extremely important that you keep in mind that the person you refer to us is a reflection of you. When sending us a referral, please be sure to only send us potential caregivers who, to the best of your knowledge, are in keeping with both our professional standards and your own.
Thank you for your interest in Holistic HomeCare Associates.
CareFamily TimeKeeping How-To Videos
If you are engaged by a client who has opted for payroll processing through CARE FAMILY, these How-To Videos will show you the simple timekeeping procedure from your Schedule Page at CareFamily.com: